International students


For each type of study course and on the basis of the candidates' origin, information is available on the procedures to be followed to enroll at the University of Bari with a qualification obtained abroad.

First of all find out who the international students are and which category you belong to.

Community and non-community foreign students with a regular residence permit are admitted to this University under the same guidelines used for Italian students.
For students with dual nationality one of which is Italian, the Italian nationality is valid. 

Non-European Union students without a residence permit can be admitted within the limits of available positions, upon successfully passing an Italian language test.

NEW. Non-European Union candidates residing abroad must submit a student visa application for a.y. 2023/2024 exclusively through the Universitaly portal: please consult the specific web page with links and detailed instructions

Pre-registration began on March 14 and will expire on September 30, 2023 for courses with free access, while for limited number courses the deadline coincides with the registration deadline for the entrance tests in the relevant calls for applications.

Enrollments for all categories of students follow the deadlines and procedures in the following link:



1. The original high school diploma in a foreign language must be accompanied by the official translation into Italian or English: interested parties can contact local translators and must request the certification of the conformity of the translation from the Italian Representation competent for the territory. The original diploma must also be legalized and accompanied by a Declaration of value by the Italian Representation responsible for the area.

As an alternative to Legalization and / or the Declaration of Value, the University of Bari accepts the Certificate of Verification and the Certificate of Comparability issued by CIMEA respectively.

2.Any other documents in a foreign language (certificate with university exams passed - transcript of records-, certificate of passing the academic suitability test, certificate of knowledge of the Italian language) must be translated into Italian or English.

3.For non- EU students resident abroad: When taking the mandatory admission test to the chosen course of study, and any proof of knowledge of the Italian language, candidates must be in possession of one of the following documents (alternatively):

 -passport with the entry visa for "university registration" issued by the competent Italian representatives for the area;

 -residence permit for study (university) issued by the competent Italian police headquarters;

 -receipt issued by the Post Office in Italy after requesting an appointment with the Police Headquarters for the issue of the residence permit.

4.For non-EU students residing in Italy: At the time of taking the mandatory admission test to the chosen degree program, candidates must be in possession of a valid residence permit as a resident in Italy.

All documents written in foreign languages must have a legally validated translation into Italian, marked by the Italian consular post.
 Within 8 days following their arrival in Italy, the non- EU students must submit the application for a residence permit following the new procedure indicated on the Immigration Portal

Upon registering for one of the courses offered by the University, international students must request to have their residence permit renewed, every year, at least 30 days before the expiration date.

Azioni sul documento

published on 13/10/2006 ultima modifica 07/11/2023