Non-EU students living abroad

Master's Degree Programmes

Non-EU students living abroad who enrol in a course of study at University of Bari could find enrolment-related information in this section.

Quota dedicated to non-EU students living abroad: pre-enrolment and entry visa

For both capped courses and open admission courses, a quota dedicated to non-EU students living abroad is available each year.

The online database on the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MUR) and admission announcements provide information about the quota dedicated to capped courses. For non-capped courses, quotas are indicated in every course website.

In order to enter Italy, non-EU students living abroad enrolling in courses of study shall apply for an entry visa for study-related reasons.

Please note: a visa for tourism-related reasons is not valid for university enrolment.

In order to apply for an entry visa:

  • read information  Visa for Italy, selecting "Study - University Enrolment";
  • pre-enrol online via Universitaly. In the application select "Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro" and choose the degree you wish to enrol to. Please indicate the Embassy/Consulate where the visa will be issued. Pre-enrolment applications shall be verified by University of Bari and submitted to the Embassy/Consulate specified. Please refer to the dedicated web page providing detailed guidelines;
  • Please contact an Embassy/Consulate in advance in order to be duly informed of requisites for entry visa and arrange an appointment.
  • Some Embassies issue a temporary entry visa in order to allow prospective students to take admission tests in Italy. Only after passing admission tests, Embassies issue a visa for study-related purpose (University Enrolment).

Please remind that pre-enrolment shall not guarantee admission to degree courses. In order to enrol, you shall also meet admission requisites and pass admission tests for a desired degree course (if any).

Please note: University of Bari shall not issue any academic-related eligibility documents in order to request entry visas.

Documents needed to apply for an entry visa at an Italian Embassy are the following:

  • A pre-enrolment application filled in via Universitaly and validated by University of Bari;

If you are interested in applying for financial support (studentships, accommodation or university fee dispensation) granted by regional institutions (Adisu), please read all announcements published on Adisu Puglia website:

If your family has revenues and properties/assets outside Italy, please obtain all pertinent information concerning documentation needed. Such documentation shall be translated and certified.

Residence permit

Please remind that after entering Italy, you shall submit your request for a residence permit within 8 (eight) days. Please follow the new procedure published onPortale Immigrazione.

You shall enrol by submitting the entry visa for study-related purposes, but enrolment shall be considered under reserve until a Residence permit is issued.


  1. In order to enrol in a course, admission to Master's Degree Programmes shall require a secondary school diploma or any other school degree earned abroad and recognised as eligible. The degree earned abroad shall be issued by a University or an officially recognised post-secondary education institution and shall allow the continuation of university studies.
  2. Enrolment to Master's Degree Programmes is subject to specific curricular-related requisites and the assessment of adequate competence. Please refer to the contact person of the Education Administration Area of the desired Master's Degree Programme. Such criteria shall be defined year by year for each Master's Degree Programme and shall be indicated:
    - in every Admission announcement pages
    - in case an admission announcement is not issued, such criteria could be found in the Regulations of each Master's Degree Programme. Please refer to the following link:
  3. Some Master's Degree Programmes could require English language assessment (minimum requirement B1 Level of CEFR - Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
  4. Proficiency in the Italian Language is a requisite to enrol in a Master's Degree Programme taught in Italian. A B2 Level language certification (or higher) as determined by CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification) is needed. In case a certification is not available, prospective students shall pass an Italian Language Test that is carried out at Universities in August/September or October. Language tests shall be passed in order to enrol.

Pursuant to applicable law and regulations issued by the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MUR), admission shall be granted only in case documentation provided certifies requisites are met and validated. 


Enrolment in some Master's Degree Programmes is subject to admission tests: please refer to thelist of capped coursesor admission announcements.

Such test is mandatory. 

Prospective students are eligible for admission tests if they certify proficiency in the Italian Language via B2 Level (or higher) language certification as determined by CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification), orpassing an Italian Language Test that is carried out at University of Bari. 


  1. An original copy of the High School Diploma or any other post-secondary education title written in a foreign language shall be provided along with a certified translation in Italian or English: applicants shall refer to local translation services and shall refer to a competent Italian Consular representation to get a compliance certificate of such translated version(s).
    The original copy of the Diploma shall be validated in compliance with the law and shall be provided with a "Declaration of Value" issued by a competent Italian Consular representation.
    Alternatively, University of Bari shall accept Statements of Comparability and Verification issued by CIMEA (Academic Equivalence Mobility Information Center).
  2. An original copy of the list of exams passed (transcript of records) issued by a University or a non-university higher education institution (written in Italian or English) is also needed. Translation of such document(s) shall be certified by a competent Italian Consular Representation. 
  3. The detailed list of syllabi of all exams passed would represent a preferential requisite; such list shall be officially stamped by the University issuing the document and a translation in Italian or English is also needed. Some Master's Degree Programmes could accept such list in different languages: please refer to admission announcements and/or Regulations to know which foreign languages could not need further translation.
  4. Upon enrolment at University of Bari, prospective students shall have one of the following documents:
  • a passport with an Entry visa for Study - University Enrolment issued by a competent Italian Consular representation;
  • a residence permit for study-related purposes (University) issued by a competent Italian central police station (Questura);
  • a receipt by an Italian Post Office after arranging an appointment at an Italian central police station for residence permit issuing.

Document Actions

Pubblicato il Jul 04, 2022 last modified Jul 04, 2022