Welcome to the virtual space @Studenti.UniBa.it.
The University of Bari Aldo Moro, thanks to a free collaboration agreement with Google, offers you an innovative electronic mail box "@studenti.uniba.it" of GMail, for the whole enrolment period.
As of this academic year, "@studenti.uniba.it" will be the only institutional tool enabled to communicate with your University and your teachers.
“@studenti.uniba.it” will replace the existing webmail www.unibari.net., which link will be disabled by the portal on October 31, 2012. We invite you to remove content deposited there by April 30, 2013.
Thanks to "@studenti.uniba.it", you will have 25 GB storage space for your emails and you will be able to use, for your video conferencing sessions, "Talk" the powerful instant messaging and voice/video chat.
You can access "@studenti.uniba.it" with the same credential of Esse3 and you can use all tools of messaging and collaboration provided by the platform Google Apps for Education.
At your first login, you will be directed to an opening page that introduce you to services, from which you will be able to receive all the aids that are useful to learn how to use the tools of Google Apps for Education.
“@studenti.uniba.it” has paid special attention to accessibility and usability of of tools of Apps forEducation, on http://www.google.com/accessibility/ are published all information.
In addition to eletronic mail box and Talk you’ll find, among various applications, Calendar to organize your schedule, Drive for online file storage, Document for creating and on line managing and many other Apps.
- This email service GMail will replace the existing unibari.net. We invite you to remove content deposited there by April 30, 2013
- Before logging on to your email account and before entering Google Apps Suite, we urge you to consult the Rules for the correct use of applications Google Apps for Education
- You can access all the apps from the “Sign in @studenti.uniba.it” button
- In the authentication process you will be asked for the same credentials that you already use for secretarial services online Esse3
- You can change or manage your password only through the Esse3 portal
- It will possible to change password no later than 72 hours
- The University of Bari will provide, within the limits of its possibilities and resources, only the continuity and efficiency of the email service.
Instructions for use of applications of Google Apps and of institutional email service
Google Apps for Education is the result of a contractual agreement stipulated between the University of Bari and the Google society.
Google Apps for Education is the service that the University offers to its students with the aim to provide them with an efficient email * that must be used for institutional uses and for the period mentioned in the notes of the Welcome page.
The contractual agreement identifies three different figures: the Google society, that provides the service; the University of Bari *, the commission agent and the student, the final User.
The Google society invites the final User to take note (http://www.google.com/intl/it/policies/) of its policy relations to the use of services.
It is taken for granted that this policy completes and not substitutes current national, European and local regulations.
- Article 1 - Subject
The present document regulates the relation between the University of Bari (shown below as UniBa), intermediary corporation that supplies the services*, and the student (shown below as the final User).
The final User, on receiving the access credentials, implicitly accepts:
terms established by the national, European and local normative in force in the field;
the present instructions for use;
- Article 2 – Duration of the relation
The relation for the Service Google with the final User has an annual duration and it renewed automatically with the annual registration, as it is reported in the Welcome page.
- Article 3 – Final User obligations
The final User undertakes:
1. to keep his personal password and not allow any third part to use it;
2. to notify immediately to UniBa about any loss of confidentiality of the password;
3. to not allow any third password, in any way, to use the service;
4. to not disclose any confidential information, related to other users of the service;
5. to not enter, transmit, use, spread any material that cannot be legally electronically distributed;
6. to observe this regulation, punishment the penalties that UniBa will consider appropriate.
The User takes full responsibility for all the information provided and managed by the system..
The User agrees to indemnify UniBa from any damages, losses, costs, responsibilities, as well as from the expenses that may result from acts, facts, behaviors, omissions put in place by the user to use the service.
- Article 4 – Laws and rules of conduct
In this article, is reminded the set of laws governing the use of electronic networks, including especially:
the article 13 of Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Law related to the protection of personal data) and subsequent amendments, with attachments;
Decree of the President of the Italian Republic no. 513 of 10 November 1997 (Regulation containing the criteria and procedures for creation, storage and transmission of documents by informatics and telematics instruments, in accordance with Article 15 (2) of the law 15 March 1997, no. 59) and subsequent amendments;
Italian Law 22 April 1941 relating to the rights of the author, with the updating of paragraph 1/b added by Article 1 of Legislative Decree 29/12/1992 no. 518 (directive 91/250/CEE on the legal protection of computer programs).
- Article 5 – Limits of Liability
Uniba* will not be held responsible for any damage caused to the User by an equipment failure and/or malfunction of the equipment service management. Uniba, within the limits of available resources, will make sure that the email service, object of this Regulation, will function in the best way.
- Article 6 - Netiquette (Network Etiquette)
Here are listed the rules of conduct that every user needs to abide by, so that the service would work in the best possible way possible. It is obvious that courtesy and education, which govern the relationship among common people, are also valid in this context.
Because the service is an institutional means of communication between UniBa and the final User, the User should read messages with the required frequency;
it is a good rule to send short messages describing the problem clearly; always indicating the subject in a such way that the recipient can immediately understand the subject of the email received. When using the signature, this should be short and meaningful;
the service is intended for institutional communication to and from the administration and/or its components;
never send chain letters or communication (so-called chain of S. Antonio), that may cause excessive network traffic.
* The University of Bari will provide, within the limits of its possibilities and resources, only the continuity and efficiency of the email service.
For issues related to Google Apps, please get through to Informatic contact person in your area of reference
- Ateneo e Campus Murattiano, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policlinico, email@example.com
- Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economia, email@example.com
- Veterinaria, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taranto, email@example.com
- Brindisi, firstname.lastname@example.org